Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Easiest Ever Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies


Oh my lord, where has the time gone? It's been ages since I've visited this little corner of my world and I gotta say I've missed it. 

Since we last chatted, my life has been flip flopped and turned completely on it's head. Luckily, the end result is rich with new perspectives, new friends, new experiences, new things learned.

 
Just to give you a taste of what has been going on, here's a little list of recent major events:

1. The big dance show I was choreographing for the past 4 months was finally performed! We presented the show in Tangier, Tetuan and Rabat with incredible receptions in each city. Near the end of rehearsals, I truly thought we were not going to pull it off, but in the end somehow we all pushed through. And it happened. And it was great. And I am beyond proud of my dancers.

2. My friend and I moved! I won't get into gritty details, but basically there were some complications with our old house and we were forced to find a new one. The great news is that our new apartment is in the city center and even more spacious and beautiful than the last. So we are happy and finally all settled with that.

3. I'm starting to teach more classes at a relatively new performance & studio venue in Tangier called Tabadoul. I have just begun prepping and advertising for that as well as trying to find inspiration for choreography, because after that last performance I am creatively exhausted.

4. I have another new dance project coming up that I have just started conceptualizing. It's still in it's baby stages so I'll elaborate more soon :)

Phew. So that is where I have been. Even though there's still a lot going on in my life, I feel a bit more settled and centered now than I did in the past couple weeks (thanks to my amazing friends and a certain new special someone...), which means time to get back to writing, baking, photographing, blogging. For crazy times, let's start with one of the simplest recipes I've ever made. 



These peanut butter cookies are made with literally 4 ingredients and the result is slightly chewy, perfectly crumby & rich with flavor. Make with caution- they are seriously addictive. 



Easiest Ever Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies (gluten-free)
recipe from the Food Network

makes about 2 dozen small cookies

250g creamy peanut butter
200g granulated sugar
1 egg
150g dark chocolate

Preheat your oven to 375º F (190º C) and grease a baking sheet. Cream together the peanut butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, then whisk in the egg. Form the dough into little balls and press down into disks on the sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Let cool completely.

While the cookies are cooling, melt the chocolate in the microwave or a double boiler, stirring occasionally. Using a spoon, dip and coat half of each cookie in chocolate and place on parchment paper. Let sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened. Eat, share, enjoy.

6 comments:

  1. It is great to have you back and hear what has been going on in your life--and these cookies look delicious! I wonder if egg replacer would work? And I love the dance photo--wish I could see it move as I know that is an important part of dance. Hah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Video will go up on Youtube at some point. Egg replacer could possibly work, although they might have a bit more trouble sticking together. Maybe if you chill the dough before cooking? Give it a shot and let me know!

      Delete
  2. I love how ridiculously easy this recipe is. Also, I wish I lived near you so I could take your dance classes! We could dance and then eat cookies together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara, that sounds lovely! I wish we could do that, too. If you ever come to Morocco let me know and we will make a plan :)

      Delete
  3. I love the mood of these photos. I also love this gluten-free simple recipe. Pinning this for later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! Simple recipes are the best.

      Delete